Blog Post 5
- Web 2.0 tools are incredibly important in the modern classroom. As the podcast mentioned, Web 2.0 offers students the ability to create their own unique product on a "stage that allows them to showcase their work", gives them outlets to collaborate on work, and allows them to contact directly those whom can offer replies to their inquiries. I believe that the blogs that make up part of the web 2.0 technologies have multiple useful applications and show great promise for the future of individualized personal education. I believe that programs that allow students to comment and interact with teacher's creations (such as voice thread and wordle) will ensure that teachers can connect with the students on a collective and individual level, furthering the development of educators and helping students to grow through interaction with content.
- I believe Wikispaces (https://www.wikispaces.com/) is a great teaching tool that I will most likely use when I begin my teaching career. Allowing students to collaborate and create encyclopedia-like entries on topics we have discussed in class gives then a personalized study guide for the course material. I believe that posting in such formats reinforces the information that has been taught to students in a way that ensures retention of information and assistance to those who are falling behind in the class.
- I believe the technology advancement that can help the future of education most is virtual and augmented reality. Virtual reality systems allow students to become literally immersed in material and interact with content in a never-before-seen way. Many young students are visual and physical learners, and virtual reality is the ultimate form of visual learning. As a history teacher, why would I spend time trying to explain concepts of war or setting when devices could be utilized to literally put students in a historical setting. If anything, the devices would serve as a refreshing change of pace. I have hope that future devices could create virtual classrooms. Perhaps the students can put the devices on at home and be in a classroom where I am instructing. By controlling what they see, one can eliminate all visual distractions. I could also guide students through tours of far-away places to help them learn, without every leaving the room. I believe the possibilities with such technologies are endless.
Comments
Post a Comment