Journal #9
The flipped classroom is a revolutionary new approach to education. The basic premise of the system is that students do work and research on their own time or with teachers assistant in an extracurricular manner, then the students are given time to collaborate and do work inside the classroom; teaching each other rather than being lectured to. Students could use videos outside the classroom to learn about pertinent classroom information. One of the single best resources for educating children of all ages is the website https://www.khanacademy.org/. Khan Academy has material for all sorts of classrooms and can offer a singular format which students can use for all of their classes, not just a single specific course.
The Open classroom is the future of education in the modern world. As the cost of traditional in-class education skyrockets, there is little doubt that open-classroom approaches will rise in popularity. Open content dictates the materials that can be usedby teachers in their classrooms and online formats. OERcommons.org is cited in the podcast and materials as a great resource for teachers wishing to gain more knowledge on Open Content matterials. Open source software has many great uses for the clasrroom as well. Learning management systems are a major part of today's clasrrom. Canvas and Blackboard are well known examples of open source software that is used in classrooms across the nation. Often, such open material can be utilized to reduce costs for lower-budget schools attempting to keep up.
The powerpoint assignments gave me a great grasp of the inner-workings of powerpoint. Although I already have a great deal of experience with the program, I learned a great deal of new information. I have previously never used the video recording portion of the program so I found that to be very helpful. Personally, if I were creating the project, I would ask students to dive even deeper into the software itself. Although I feel like I learned a good amount, I do not feel like anything I learned will make my time working with powerpoint excessively easy. Perhaps there are more tools and shortcuts that could be covered in the project.


Comments
Post a Comment