Journal 3

I believe I am most able to handle teaching the ELA Standard of "Using Multiple Sources". As a history major, I have done a great deal of research. Most of this research required scouring the internet for sources both primary and otherwise, which has allowed me to develop a clear understanding of standards and expectations for such work. I believe I can use more practice on "producing tech standards: 'Use digital media'" as I have a bit of a ways to go before I truly get a handle on work of such a nature.
I definitely think using Audio to help teach students can be very helpfully. Personally, I've always enjoyed learning through podcast because it allows me to do other things while also learning. I can cook, fold laundry, mow the lawn, and drive all while listening to a podcast and learning. Encouraging students to reinforce in class assignments with out of class multimedia immersion can be very beneficial to each student's learning environment. I also believe community collaboration can be incredibly helpful for students as it allows them to each use their strengths to bring up their peers. This, of course, only works if the students are fully engaged and not simply going through the motions of communicative collaboration.
I believe that all of the digital citizenship principals are important. Showing proper netiquette is crucial to developing a good learning environment for all students. The preservation of privacy is important for the safety of the students in the class. Finally keeping communication collaborative and constructive is essential to fulfilling the inherent goal of the aforementioned technological communications.
Age must be considered in such citizenship. A 8 year old child should use highly-structured programs more than internet websites, so as to avoid navigating where they should not go. In contrast, a high school student should be expected to research freely on the open web so they may become accustomed to research of that nature.
I liked the newsletter design assignment. I believe that newsletters serve an important function in that they link you to the family of the student. Good presentation can lead to trust and faith in a teachers ability. The assignment could have provided a bigger challenge but I think the basic idea it got across was constructive and will help me consider that which is sent out to familys and students.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Journal #9

ILP "Participation" - MOOC

Blog Post 6